Friday, January 19, 2018

Of braces and brain surgery...


Or maybe I should have said, what seems "big" to you?  :)  I am just thinking about the fact that a few months ago I was told that I had to get braces on my teeth NOW so that I wouldn't lose them from chipping each other too much (that post was here) -- I was quite unhappy and scared about the cost and pain (okay, I"m still a bit scared about the cost, but God will provide!)

Now my husband is looking forward to brain surgery in less than two weeks (he has trigeminal neuralgia).  Suddenly the braces are just another step in the road, another thing to do. His surgery has taken over our priorities and made the braces seem like a tiny thing.

Priorities change, values adjust, but God is there right with us, guiding and directing.  We need only to trust Him.  Prov 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Thankful to have One who loves me directing our paths!!!

Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up

1 comment:

  1. I love that saying, "Priorities change, values adjust, but God is there right with us...", beautiful. Praying all will go well for your family.

    ReplyDelete