Monday, April 23, 2018

Hope

Sometimes we need hope.  Well, always we need hope ;) There are times in our lives when it feels like nothing is ever going to change, at least not for the better.  These are times it is hard to really trust God, really know that He cares for us and IS working for our good.  At times like these it is hard to do, but if we can go with our mind instead of our emotions and remind ourselves of the hope we have in Christ, it will go much better with us.  A couple of verses that have helped to give me hope over the last few months include:

Ps. 34:7 "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them."

and Ps 34: 4 ,"
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears."


And of course...prayer.  God will remind you of the hope you have and of His power.  It just takes some getting out of your own hole of emotions and taking Him at His word.  Easier said than done, I know! :) 


After a long winter, the chives popping up give us hope for the spring to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment